By Hopkin Reporter
On Wednesday, 8th February 2023, Kitui County sworn in new Executive Committee Members and Chief Officers by Kitui Resident Magistrate Hon Justine Amoro Asiago, ceremony held at the Governor’s Administration Block witnessed by Kitui Governor Dr Julius Malombe.
However, both elected and nominated MCAs with NARC Party boycotted the event led by their minority leader Alex Nganga- MCA Miambani, Jeremiah Musee Mutua- MCA Nguni Deputy Minority Leader, Sylvester Kitheka Munyalo-Matinyani, Minority Party Whip, Boniface Maundu Katumbi-Kyangwithya East, Deputy Minority Party Whip among other NARC MCAs.
The CECMs faced the Kitui County Assembly’s Appointment Committee for vetting while Chief Officers faced respective sectoral committees for vetting.
Thereafter the committees retreated for report writing from Wednesday 1st February 2023 until Sunday 5th February 2023. The House had special sittings on 6th and 7th February 2023 to debate the reports and made appropriate decisions.
- CS Penina Malonza Urges Kitui people To Keep Safe Amid Heavy Downpour
- Hon SONKO and Mp KAKI Consoles with Ikanga family
- 36 Self Help Groups in Kitui Central Gets About 3.2 million Uwezo Fund from Mp Makali
- Shock as Kitui County spends zero funds on Cancer Centre project
- Kitui Chief Officer Terrorizing Families, Leaves Mwingi Man Divorced
Also present at the swearing in Kitui county Commissioners Erastus Mbui, Assembly Speaker Kevin Katisya Kinengo, Majority Leader Harrison Maluki, a section of MCAs, the clergy and hundreds of Members of the public.