By Hopkin Reporter
A middle aged woman who was a trader in Mwingi town has been left counting losses after her general shop was razed down by an inferno.
Florence Wambua, the sho owner said she had left her six year old son in the shop (where she also lived) and stepped out to buy him popcorns before she heard cries of her son.
She said she rushed back and found her shop/house on fire and only managed to save her son where everything else was razed down.
“I’ve incurred a loss of 100,000 shillings,” she said.
She also said the fire emerged from an electric socket near her bed before her 6kg gas cylinder exploded. Area locals urged the county government to ensure the town is equipped with a fire extinguisher stated they had used water, soil to put out the fire that was first spreading.
Mwingi central sub county police commander, Abdi Kadir Malicha who visited the scene said the cause of the fire could have been an electric fault. Malicha also urged the county government to ensure the fast growing town has a fire extinguisher. He also thanked the area locals for stepping and help in containing the fire.