By Hopkin Reporter
Former First Lady Mama Ngina Kenyatta has spoken out against what she termed pointless politicisation of tax matters.In remarks clearly pointing at the recent political furore accusing her family of not paying taxes, Mama Ngina said politicians were peddling lies so that they can be seen to be working.Mama Ngina said tax matters can be addressed through government channels and – if need be – law courts, adding that public rallies have no place in matters taxation.
- CS Penina Malonza Urges Kitui people To Keep Safe Amid Heavy Downpour
- Hon SONKO and Mp KAKI Consoles with Ikanga family
- 36 Self Help Groups in Kitui Central Gets About 3.2 million Uwezo Fund from Mp Makali
- Shock as Kitui County spends zero funds on Cancer Centre project
- Kitui Chief Officer Terrorizing Families, Leaves Mwingi Man Divorced
The former First Lady spoke on Saturday while addressing members of the public during the opening of the Tewa Catholic Church which she helped build in Mpeketoni, Lamu County.“Naskia mengine inasemwa ati wengine hawatoi kodi, hawatoi nini…nashangaa kwa sababu kila mtu anaamka kusema hii na mwengine anasema hii, lakini serikali iko na laini yake ya vile mambo inaendeshwa,” she said.“Mambo ya kodi, income tax ni lazima, mkubwa au mdogo, kulipa kulingana na uwezo wake na mapato yake. Hiyo si mambo ya kuzungumza katika magazeti, kwa mikutano, ama TV. Kwa sababu ukikosa kulipa kodi unapelekwa kortini, hiyo ndio sheria.”Mama Ngina went ahead to dare the government to auction her property and belongings in order to settle any perceived debt if it is indeed true that she has not been paying her taxes.